VA Loan Frequently Asked Questions1. I want to use my Veteran eligibility to purchase a home. Can you do this for me?
Answer: Absolutely, this is what I do!
2. I donít have my certificate of eligibility, can you help me get one?
Answer: Yes as long we have a DD-214 or Statement of Service we can retrieve your certificate of eligibility electronically
3. I used my VA eligibility to purchase a home before can I use it to purchase another home?
4. Why is the loan amount higher than the sales price for VA loans?
Answer: All VA loans have a ďfunding feeĒ which is financed on top of the loan amount? This fee negates the need for mortgage insurance
5. I am VA disabled (service related), is there is an additional discount available to me?
Answer: If you are at least 30% VA disabled, your loan will not have the traditional VA Funding Fee financed on top of the loan amount
6. Can I purchase a home with someone other than my spouse as the co-borrower?
Answer: Yes but the other applicant must be a veteran as well.
7. I don't live near Gainesville, Virginia can you still handle my loan?
Answer: We can handle your loan anywhere in the state of Virginia
8. Can I close my home loan in my home town?
9. How do all those documents get to my local Title Company?
Answer: FedEx or email.
10. I already applied to another Lender for my Home Loan; do I have to stay with them?
Answer: No you don't. You can change your mind, and decide who you want to close your loan. Transfer of your loan is an easy process.
11. Can I use my VA eligibility for a Rental Property purchase?
12. Can I refinance my primary residence using my Veteran benefits?
13. How will I know what the prospective home or my primary residence is worth?
Answer: We will order an appraisal done by a licensed VA appraiser in your area.
14. Who controls the interest rate on Veteran Mortgages?
Answer: The market and investors but VA loan rates are typically the same or lower than conventional loans.
15. How will I know what interest rate I will get on my home loan?
Answer: After submitting the required paperwork, we lock your interest rate the same day.
16. I am a Widow of a Veteran, can I qualify?
Answer: Yes you can, provided deceased husband died in the line of duty or from a service related cause.
17. I hate to fill out forms online; can I talk to a person?
Answer: Sure just call me at 703-378-4540!
19. I don't feel comfortable giving my financial information over the Internet, what can we do?
Answer: We will do everything over the telephone or in person
21. How long does is take to close my loan?
Answer: It varies but typically 15 to 30 days after all paperwork is submitted.
22. I am working with a Real Estate Agent.....is this O.K.?
Answer: No problem.
23. Another lender botched my loan, can I transfer my loan to you?
Answer: Sure, no problem. Unfortunately, this is all too common.
24. I want to place my loan in your hands, what's next?
Answer: Call me at 703-378-4540.
25. I want to move forward with you, what do I tell my Realtor?
Answer: Ask them to fax a copy of your contract to us at 703-991-8011, and I will give the Realtor a call to coordinate.
26. I just want to talk, can I call you?
Answer: Sure, please call me at your convenience - 703-378-4540
| ||Patrick Shelton|
Military Loan Specialist
Contact Patrick Shelton, your local VA Mortgage Specialist, to setup a free
consultation and develop your winning strategy when purchasing your new
home with a VA Loan. It will be my pleasure to serve you!
Premier Lending Group, LLC
All information contained herein is for informational purposes only and, while every effort has been made to insure accuracy, no guarantee is expressed or implied. Any programs shown do not demonstrate all options or pricing structures. Rates, terms, programs, and underwriting policies are subject to change without notice. This is not an offer to extend credit or a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to underwriting approval. Some products may not be available in all states and restrictions apply. Equal Housing Lender. Trade/service marks are the property of Premier Lending Group. All rights reserved.
Notice: This is a privately owned and maintained
web site by Patrick Shelton specializing in
VA financing and is
not a government agency.